Pohl Transportation, Inc. is an irregular route carrier based in Versailles, Ohio. We operate in 32 states hauling 97% no touch dry van freight.
Among the many things we offer are:
- Equal Opportunity Employment.
- An excellent home time policy, competitive wages and benefits.
- Conventional well maintained equipment.
- Collision Avoidance System with Adaptive Cruise in all trucks.
- Lane Departure System in all trucks.
- PeopleNet Satellite Communications with paperless fuel tax (No Trip Sheets Needed).
- Driver oriented operations staff.
- 97% No touch freight.
On this page you will find further information about our company, policies and procedures. If in your search you feel we have a program that will fit your needs please contact us by phone at 1-800-672-8498 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also complete our online application.
Thank you for visiting our web page and considering us, Pohl Transportation, Inc., a company where Professional Drivers are treated like Professionals!
- Have a valid CDL with one year verifiable driving experience.
- Be at least 22 years of age.
- Pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Have no DUI, DWI or reckless driving convictions within the past 5 years.
- Have no chargeable DOT reportable accident within the past 2 years, not more than 1 in the past 5 years.
- Have no more than 1 drivers license suspension in the past 5 years.
- Present a clean well groomed professional appearance.
- Pass other criteria as set forth in the hiring process.
All persons offered employment will attend a day and a half orientation. Applicants who are not local to the area will receive free lodging and meals. Safety issues, hours of service training and company policies and procedures will be some of the subject matter covered in the orientation. At the completion of the orientation the individual will receive their truck assignment and be placed on dispatch.
|1 – 3 years||43 cents|
|4 years or more||45 cents|
Mileage is based on PC Miler ® mileage system, practical miles. All miles are paid, including routing through house for home time.
|With 1 year of service||1 week paid vacation|
|With 2-6 years of service||2 weeks paid vacation|
|With 7-14 years of service||3 weeks paid vacation|
|With 15 plus years of service||4 weeks paid vacation|
Vacation pay is based on your 52-week average
Three health plan options are available; you select the option that best fits your needs. Also available: Dental Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance and a Vision Discount Program
Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan
Tax free insurance premiums. Non covered health expenses budgeted tax free. Daycare expenses tax free. The Flexible Spending Plan is a voluntary program provided for our employees benefit. Employees realize savings on their weekly paycheck by not paying tax on the above items. It is separate from the health insurance program.
All tractors are conventional standup double bunks with automatic transmissions. The tractors are equipped with collision avoidance system and lane departure system, two important safety features. Trailers are 53′ dry vans
Pohl Transportation, Inc is a driver oriented company that does put the driver first. All individuals that work for Pohl Transportation, Inc. are treated with dignity and respect. Our aim is to make your job as a professional driver the most satisfying and rewarding that it can be for you and your family.
- One Cat or Dog maximum 30lbs, no aggressive breeds (Pohl’s discretion).
- $500 Deposit (Refundable minus any pet damage and cleaning fees). This deposit can be paid up front, or in 5 weekly installments. Driver can have a pet in the truck while paying the 5 weekly payments.
- You will have to sign off on our Pet Policy for and deposit information before you can have your pet in the truck with you.
- Must have up to date vaccinations/rabies shots and carry this record in the truck at all times. Pohl must be provided a copy also.
- Pet must remain in truck on customer or company property, except for during a truck service.
- Trucks will be checked for cleanliness during visits to the yard.
- Be sure to clean up after your pet during restroom breaks.
- Violations of policy will result in removal of pet from truck. Pohl has the final decision on pet removal.
- Common Sense Prevails, having a pet is a privilege.