Pohl Transportation, Inc. has a safety program to increase the awareness of safety issues. The plan is based on 52-week results. You have the opportunity to earn 2 cents per mile bonus pay for all safe miles driven for a one-year period. This period begins on your start date until one year later.
The criteria used in the determination of earning the safety bonus are as follows:
• No preventable accidents.
• No preventable injuries.
• No preventable incidents.
• No speeding tickets or warnings. (Exception 1-5 over will not count)
• No workers’ compensation claims.
• Must participate in the computer-based safety training program. You must view 3 modules per quarter (3 within every 3 months) of the yearly bonus period for a total of 12. If you do not view 3 modules per quarter you will not.qualify for the safety bonus.
• Must have no unreported damage to your assigned equipment.
• Must not fail to report damage to equipment you are picking up.
• Must not fail to report an accident or incident at the time of occurrence.
• Must not miss more than 10 days work during the period (bonus will be adjusted accordingly by days missed, i.e.: miss 20 days the bonus will be delayed 20 days).
• Positive controlled substance tests, if not resulting in immediate termination, will restart the safety-bonus eligibility one year from the date the test was administered.
• No over-speeds per company policy.